Staff at the Aquarium welcomed visitors back on Saturday 4th July. They were pleased to see people enjoying their visits and taking note of all the new measures in place. Staff have worked incredibly hard to ensure that your visit is as exciting as possible and from the feedback we have received, visitors really are having a great experience!
Our fish have missed our visitors during the 3 months we were closed, not having that stimulation from our visitors meant that our fish were a little lonelier than usual. Our team on site made sure to pay them all a little extra attention during this time, however, now we are open, they are happy to see all those smiling faces!
For your safety and ours, we have put into place the following measures:-
Please note that from Saturday 8th August 2020, in line with Government Legislation face coverings must be worn whilst in all indoor areas. You will be required to wear a face covering when you visit our Aquarium (with the exception of children under 11 years and those with medical or other exemptions).
We are delighted to welcome you to the Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings. Please help us to keep you, other visitors and The Blue Reef Aquarium team safe during your visit by observing the following measures:
- If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms please do not enter, please do not put our team or other visitors at risk.
- If you witness anyone appearing unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms during your visit please let us know.
- To help keep you safe we have separate entrance and exit doors, please use the correct one at all times.
- We have set a one way route around the aquarium and marked positions to give you guidance on self distancing from others whilst you are with us.
- Please remain in your visiting group and keep together around our exhibits. We expect excited children, but keep them close.
- Please observe the social distancing separation with our team members unless we have provided a screen.
- At tills can we ask that only one member of your group approaches the counter and you adhere to queue position guidance where our preferred method of payment is by card. Contactless card payment is ideal.
- In the aquarium if you need assistance from a team member please raise your hand and do not approach them. We will be happy to help.
- Hand Hygiene is essential, please make use of the hand sanitising gel stations and hand washing facilities around the aquarium.
- Make a conscious effort to ensure you and all members of your group avoid where possible the touching of hard surfaces including aquarium glass.
- To enhance your visit we are undertaking feeds every day, please see the information board by the admissions desk.